How To Handle Digital Marketing During This Lockdown?
Hello, I was going through many blogs, posts, online news and also come across many queries & suggestions on how to optimize Digital Marketing during this crisis period.
What needs to be understood is that Digital Marketing is a vast subject and much complex as we can imagine. It doesn’t depend on local issues as it is linked to global topics, news, and many complex algorithm and Government broadcasting mandates. The digital marketing process is divided into two parts, one is social media promotion which comprises mostly of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc. while the other digital platform includes Google AdWords, SEO, Websites, Email, Apps, Blogs, etc. The digital media and its campaigns mainly depend on many things such as:
- Target Area
- Age Group
Now before moving forward, let me share some current news about the market globally.
- After Europe, YouTube will switch to standard definition (SD) streaming by default in all regions to lessen network load.
- People are coming to YouTube to find authoritative news, learning content and make connections during these uncertain times to ease mass anxiety.
- Netflix announced it would default to SD streaming in certain regions for 30 days to lessen the network load.
- YouTube, Facebook along with other major social platforms, has faced scrutiny over the risks of their tools being used to spread coronavirus-related misinformation.
- Further, Google has taken a proactive stance in suppressing bogus content and surfacing authoritative sources of health information.
- Some of the Digital Advertising platforms have donated their ad time inventory to respective governments and NGOs to use for education and information and running as an awareness campaign only.
- YouTube has started removing inappropriate video content through an auto removal process due to the shortage of staffs.
- Facebook is blocking ads that are running to exploit the situation in different countries.
- Facebook is rolling out a new set of updates for Facebook Live, with demand for live-stream content rising amid the COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Instagram launches ‘Stay Home’ Sticker and Story to Encourage Social Distancing Amid COVID-19 outbreak.
- WhatsApp launches World Health Organization Chatbot to Answer COVID-19 queries.
- Like all social networks, Twitter is seeing unprecedented levels of demand and they are working to keep its systems running while operating with reduced staff and hardware capacity.
- TikTok launches Celebrity-Hosted, Daily Live-Streams to entertain Users amid COVID-19 lockdowns.
- Pinterest provides tips on how Brands can communicate amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Total messaging increases of more than 50%, across both WhatsApp and Messenger along with an increase of 70% in Messenger and Whatsapp group video calls.
- LinkedIn Shares Tips on What to Post During COVID-19 Lockdowns.
- Instagram’s Testing a New Option to Promote the Sale of Gift Cards via Your Business Profile.
So after considering these information and quick developments, I should say it’s not an easy situation to run your digital ads. We understand it’s a situation where some organizations want to get more out of it. So to make your life simple, we have come up with certain plans for this situation as of now.
We have 10 Important Tips for you: